Book Worm: Book Reviews
Hey y’all! This weeks post is going to be pretty simple, it is going to be a list of book recommendations. I love to read and read quite a bit, so I am going to keep this a running list to keep adding books to it as I read.
- You are a badass by Jen Sincero – This is a great book. There are some great and relatable examples about life in this book that I love.
- #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso – This book is a great read and let’s you know that you CAN make your dreams come true and you CAN get it done.
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy – This is one of my all time favorite Motivational books that I have read. I think that this should be a must read for everyone no matter what your profession or hobbies are. It really helps you accomplish your goals. It also can help you in life, business, and relationships.
- Everybody’s Got Something by Robin Roberts – This was an awesome book about Robin Roberts who is known on Good Morning America and this book talks about her journey, and is an inspirational book.
- Girl Code by Cara Alwill Leyba – Most of you might know Cara from the http://www.thechampagnediet.com so she has a few books but I have Girl Code this is an awesome book for any female entrepreneur.
- Think Better Live Better by Joel Osteen – I love this book a lot it was very easy to understand and it can really help change your mindset in a positive way.
- Strong Looks Better Naked by Khloé Kardashian – I really liked this book. It was inspiring and motivating. Although, this would be a good read for anyone I think it would be especially helpful for those of you who are starting or on a fitness journey. It also includes some food recipes too, which I have not tried yet but they sound delicious.
- The ONE Thing by Gary W. Keller and Jay Papasan – I absolutely love this book, it is the one I am currently reading. It is easy to read, in fact I read half this book in one sitting which I rarely do with books. I love the examples and studies it shows. It shows you how to accomplish things more efficient and effective, it also helps you prioritize your list too.
- You Are Not Your Brain by Jeffery M. Schwartz, M.D. and Rebecca Gladding, M.D. - This book was a long one and took me quite awhile to get through. This book talks about the science of deceptive brain messages and four steps to get past them. This book had great information but it was hard for me to follow along, I think this would be great as an audiobook.
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. I really loved this book. This book talks about The Law of Attraction and real people talking about it and telling their experiences. In my opinion everybody should read this book regardless of your niche, personality, or career. I truly believe in The Law of Attraction and have used it with success.
- The Flip Side by Shawn Johnson – This novel is written by Olympic gymnast and gold medalist, Shawn Johnson. I am not 100% sure but I believe this is loosely based off of her life when she was younger. I loved this book so much it was a great teen novel and a super cute storyline, I would recommend this book for sure.
- Nerve by Jeanne Ryan – This is by far my favorite fiction book I have ever read. This is now a movie but I read this before seeing the movie. This book is about a girl who joins a dare game and towards the beginning the dare’s are harmless and fun and the rewards are okay but as the game advances the prizes get bigger but the dares get more risky and dangerous. The author did an outstanding job at writing this book to where you could easily visualize what was going on.
- Matched by Allie Condie – This is a really good book. So long story short in this book the government matches you with who you will marry you don’t get to choose for yourself. So the girl was at her matching ceremony and there was a glitch in the system and 2 faces flashed one who she knew and one who she did not so now it is up to her to pick who she wants to be with.
- Delirium – This book is a really good one. Basically in a short summary Love is a disease and when you turn 18 they cure you of it. Their are some people who do not want to be cured of it and run away. I loved this book and I thought the ending was great.
- Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard. - I loved this book. I have seen the entire PLL TV show series but since that has now come to A close so I decided to read the books. This book was written very well, some details were different than the TV Show but I loved this!
- Flawless by Sara Shepard. - This is the 2nd book in the PLL series and I loved this one as well, it was also written very well. I read this book so fast because it was really good and I kept wanting to find out what happened next. Whether you have or have not seen the TV Show I think you should really give this series a read.
- Oogy by Larry Levin – This is a great story about Oogy who was used as a bait dog for dog fighting and a person found him and rescued him, and this book talks about his life now.
- Craig & Fred by Craig Grossi - This book is one of my all time favorites! I absolutely loved this book and read it in only a few days. It's a (long story short) story of how Craig (A Marine) finds a stray dog he named Fred while he is on a combat mission in Afghanistan, the amazing journey of these two getting back home, and the story of these two is incredible. I think nearly everyone will love this book. If you want to read a story about a military hero and an incredible dog that shows, hard work, determination, and unconditional love than this book is one you are going to love.