12 Tips for Living a Healthy and Happier lifestyle
Hey Y'all! I hope you all had a wonderful start to February. In today's post I am going to be sharing with you 12 tips for living a healthier lifestyle. These tips are to better yourself mentally and physically.
"It's not about perfect. It's about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that's where transformation happens. That's how change occurs." - Jillian Michaels
- Get plenty of sleep - This is a big one. However, don't take this in a way where you sleep for hours and hours on end. This one means to not stay up all night long to get your work done. I think sometimes one thinks they're being more productive and hustling harder if they pull all nighters working. I personally work much better when I have gotten 6-7hrs of sleep and I have better energy the next day. I am also trying to wake up earlier, it's much harder for me to get up earlier in the Winter.
- Food is fuel - I have followed diets before and I find they do not work for me and I am not happy with them either. I follow the 9020 rule. I eat healthy 90% of the time and I treat myself 20% of the time. I have changed my mind set to where, I no longer look at food to loose weight or the cause of weight gain. I also try my best to not feel any guilt if I do treat myself cause I know my body will absorb what it needs with everything else I eat. I now look at how I want to feel and know that whatever I eat is going to fuel my body and I can eat anything and it not affect my weight. Once you change your mind set about food you'll see a huge difference in your physical and mental health because the Law of Attraction happens.
- Get moving - You do not have to have the goal of loosing weight to get moving. Forget about the loosing weight part. Just go for a walk outside, go to yoga, kayak, ride a bike, etc. Getting your blood pumping will release endorphins which in turn will put you in a great mood. If you have a dog take your dog for a walk it'll be a great bonding experience and you both will love it. You can also invite a friend to go for a walk or hike as well.
- Make your bed - I have started making my bed every single morning, I do this as soon as my feet hit the floor before I even walk out of my room. I also do the best I can so once I have made it I ask myself "did I do the best job I could do?" If the answer is "no" I will go back and fix it until the answer is "yes". By doing this first thing in the morning, you've already accomplished something and you did your best at it. Doing this also helps with self discipline.
- Love yourself - This one is so so so soooo important. For goodness sakes just LOVE YOURSELF. Love yourself right now for who you are. You are perfect! Do not ever let anyone convince you other wise. Everyday when you look in the mirror pick out something you LOVE about yourself whether it be physical or not. By doing this you are shifting your mindset and you are attracting more things to LOVE about yourself.
- Create a morning routine - This is something that I am still working on myself. Creating a morning routine gives you something to do as soon as you wakeup and can allow you to set your intentions for the day and kind of meditate with yourself. Everyones routine is going to be different so just take a day and set your morning routine and just adjust it as you go.
- Plan your meals - I am such a foodie, I don't always prep my meals ahead because I eat a lot of chicken throughout the week and I personally don't think chicken tastes good re-heat. But I do like to plan out what I will be eating a few days in advance, I find I eat less if I know what I will be eating for my meals. I eat chicken in stir fry or baked. I'll eat tacos, sandwhiches, it just depends what I have in the house that week.
- Read more books - I absolutely LOVE reading. I have read 5 books already this year and just pulled out my 6th book. I switch off from a Non-fiction to a Fiction book. I love my self-help/motivational books. I just started "May Cause Miracles" by Gabrielle Bernstein which is "A 40-Day guidebook of subtle shifts for radical change and unlimited happiness." and I just finished reading "Flawless" by Sara Shepard which is the second book in the Pretty Little Liars series and I loved it! Reading is one of the things that makes me happy and can take my mind into the book. My brother and I also have a reading competition every year, whoever reads 85 books first this year wins and so far I am winning;-)
- Declutter social media - I do this quite often. Most people talk about decluttering physical things which is very important too but I think it is equally important to declutter your Social Media. For this you are going to go through your SM profiles and unfollow people who are not positive people and yes sometimes these people will have been your real life friends. I think sometimes when a friendship ends in real life we hang on to it with social media but I am here to tell you from experience do not do that and unfollow them now if they have or had a negative impact on your life. Also go through and delete pictures or posts on your SM that you no longer want on there. From now on only follow friends and pages that are positive.
- Listen to Podcasts or Audio Books - I absolutely love podcasts, my two favorites are "Style Your Mind" by Cara Alwill Leyba and "The School of Greatness" by Lewis Howes. My Aunt just recently introduced me to audible which I love, I am currently listening to E Squared by Pam Grout. I love that with podcasts or Audio Books is that they are mobile so I listen to them while cleaning stalls, cleaning the house, or while in the car.
- Treat yourself - I think this is something that one forgets to do or does not do enough. I started rewarding or treating myself every quarter during the year, every quarter being every 3 months and especially if I accomplished a lot of my goals. Don't be afraid to do or buy something luxurious for yourself, It could be a handbag, shoes, a camera, horse tack, or an experience such as a spa day, vacation, or whatever tickles your fancy. Do NOT ever feel guilty for treating yourself boo!
- DANCE! - Yep you heard it! This one is exactly what it sounds like Blast your favorite music and just have a freaking dance party either by yourself or get someone to join you! Go crazy and just have a ball. This is going to release endorphins and make you feel amazing and not to mention it is also great exercise!
Those are my 12 tips for living a Healthy and Happier Lifestyle. Now you do you boo and go have a freaking awesome day! Go attack your goals and remember to LOVE YOURSELF! I will talk with you again next Monday so stay tuned. <3
S O C I A L M E D I A
Facebook: Its A Cowgirl's Life
R E C E N T V I D E O S
P A S T B L O G P O S T S